Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Why Gideon told me We're all going to Fail this Class

What?  We’re going to what?  I know my heart just dropped.  Failing means no education.  No education means living like a homeless person with only a mangy rat-dog to keep me company.

Well relax, the title of this blog was complete bull.  Before you troll out my comment box or attempt to rip my guts through the noise, just think one second about this though.  You were attracted to this blog because of its misleading title.  According to the only “How to make a Viral Video” that actually went viral, one of the key steps is to use misleading, grabbing titles (see http://techcrunch.com/2007/11/22/the-secret-strategies-behind-many-viral-videos).  Yet Gideon during our digit-cult rendezvous specifically suggested using titles that more specifically addressed the content of my articles.

So which is better?  On one side, crying wolf over and over with attention-hungry titles stabs my credibility in the heart.  On the other hand, I get a larger audience then if I’d simply labels this “Academic Ponders of Titles vs. Attention.”  Ok.  Thanks for hearing me out.  Now you can send me your hate comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment